Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Monthly Favorites | March

Wednesday, April 3, 2013
Hello my gorgeous readers! Hope you all had an amazing Wednesday! This is going to be my very first Monthly Favorites post & I have to say I'm really hoping that I'll be able to complete one of these posts once a month! It will probably be easy the first few months doing this, because I will basically have an imaginary list in my mind of beauty related items that I use on the regular. Once that list dwindles down, we might have a problem! Hah! Good thing I'm obsessed with trying new things, otherwise these monthly favorites would end up getting pretty boring! Hah!

Rabito Genuine Bling Bling Bunny Rabbit Case for iPhone 5 $33.50 USD Let me start off with a non-beauty related item to change things up a bit. Okay, don't laugh but this case makes me feel like a little kid & I absolutely LOVE it! I get compliments on it every time I take my phone out in public & seeing as Easter was this month, I feel like the case was almost like an Easter decoration that I carried around with me for a good laugh! The little fuzzy tail is super soft & don't you worry; it isn't real fur so no animals were harmed! The tail has a suction cup which gives you the ability to take it off to clean your iPhone screen, or if the darn thing just keeps getting in your way! The tail enables your phone to sit up right, so you can sit back, relax, & squint at your tiny little screen! Hah! The case is rubber but it has a glossy & sparkly finish, making it extremely easy to clean. The ears are super sturdy & I haven't had a problem with any wear or tear! I'm always on the hunt for a case that doesn't have that matte/rubbery/tacky finish. Every time I buy one like that it is stained with makeup in less than a week, almost as if it were a magnet for dirt & grime. That's why I love this case, it stays clean & shiny 24/7!

Real Techniques Blush Brush by Samantha Chapman $8.99 USD Now this brush was a recent add-on to my ginormous collection of brushes. Oh Em Gee I sure do love this brush! It's kind of ridiculous that whenever it gets dirty, I almost start feeling depressed because my routine just doesn't feel complete without the use of this brush. In my opinion "there are no rules for your tools," meaning you can use your brushes for whatever technique or step in your routine without question. Although the brush is called a "blush brush, "I tend to use this brush with either translucent setting powder or a foundation powder to set my liquid foundation. The synthetic taklon bristles are extremely soft and because the bristles are hand cut I find it to be very high quality. It is also 100% cruelty-free.

Flower Beauty Zoom-In Ultimate Mascara in Intense Black $7.98 I'm always on the search for the best mascara out there. I've tried heaps & heaps of mascaras and when I came across this new mascara from Drew Barrymore's cosmetic line I was desperately eager to try it! I instantly fell in love with it after just one use. Like I said before, I've tried my fair share of mascaras and I have piles of it in my collection but this mascara I've used everyday since I purchased it, which is highly unlike me. Seeing as I have so many mascaras I like to change it up & try new ones as often as I can but I have just recently realized that I might actually be addicted! The brush is adjustable which sort of reminds me of the Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara that retails for $22.00 on the Sephora website. It basically gives you the ability to add fullness, length, & definition all in one mascara! It's extremely buildable and I find there to be minimal clumping which is always a plus! The mascara itself has D-panthenol in it which helps stimulate growth! I've also noticed that my lashes seem longer & less fragile than they were before I started using this mascara. All in all, I plan on repurchasing this mascara!

NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencil in Mexican Rose $25.00 What better way to get into the Spring-Like spirit then adding a pop of color on the lips. To me this color just makes me smile. It is a bright hott pink shade, but the consistency of the NARS Velvet Gloss Lip Pencils is what really makes them worth while. They are extremely hydrating with ingredients like vitamin e, phytosterol esters, & hyaluronic acid. The glossy finish it gives to your lips will help to smooth out any fine lines & cracks while giving you just the right amount of color.

Tarte Maracuja Divine Shine Lipgloss in Blissful $21.00 The love I have for this lipgloss is crazy! It is such a beautiful bright coral shade! This gloss has been my go-to, simple & easy lip for the month of March. I love that in just one product, I have extreme moisture, high shine, vivid color, & a plumped appearance! The fact that I don't need anything else when I wear this gloss makes it perfect for those lazy days where extra steps just aren't in the cards!  Blissful gives you effortless beauty.

Flower Beauty Nail Lacquer in Thistle or That? $4.98 (I tried to find the Charlotte Russe Nail Lacquer on their website, but it seems to be discontinued.) I figured it would be important for me to add a few nail polishes into my group of favorites. I've gotten into this funk where I literally never get around to painting my nails, and it has become my goal the past few weeks to set aside the time! A girl really needs some sort of pampering every now and again; painting my nails always seems to make me feel better! These colors stood out to me especially for Easter! I wore the blue color on the entire nail bed & the sparkle just on the free-edge portion of my nails! It was the perfect combination!

Tarte ephasEYES waterproof Amazonian clay brow mousse $28.00 I can't even begin to explain how insanely obsessed I am with this product! It seriously answered all of my brow problems/prayers. Soon or later you will all find out that my natural hair color is a very light blonde, so you might as well know now! Hah! My brow hairs are not only very light but very sparse as well. They tend to grow in the most random of places. Now if you know me directly you also know that brows are literally my favorite thing to work with on my clients and of course on myself. Many people forget how important brows really are and often times don't realize how they can give the face a sense of balance and help enhance certain features. I bought one in all three shades for my freelance kit because I'm just that addicted! Now I won't talk about it too much now because I plan on doing a blog post and going more in depth, so I'll save that for a later date!


Sarah McNamara Miracle Skin Treat & Conceal Eye & Face in Medium $36.00 I honestly can NOT live without this concealer. This will always be one of my holy grail face products. Let me first give you a brief summarization of what this product is formulated to do & what ingredients are used to help aid in the process. This concealer is basically a triple threat in my book. It's multi-functional, anti-aging, & improves the complexion with each use. It helps to improve dark spots, hyperpigmentation, under eye darkness, uneven texture, plus it also helps to aid the skin in its healing process. It's packed with amazing ingredients like white rose, chamomile, and marine collagen also known as the M3 Complex. It also has jojoba, vitamin k, and vitamin c. The coverage is definitely medium-full and the texture is almost like a whipped mousse. It leaves a matte/satin finish making it easily wearable anywhere on the face. It has helped my skin so much, making it totally worth the $36.00! You should definitely check it out if you are in search of a new concealer!

What are your favorites for this month?
Love you all,

8 comments:

  1. I love your blog so much. Its very informative and very well laid out. I happened to just stumble across it and I'm super glad that I did ! :)

    I have recently started my own beauty and fashion blog and maybe you could check it out if you get chance and maybe give me some feedback on it :) Thanks in advance if you do.

    xo Krystal-Marie
    captivatingkrystal.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely check out your blog lovely! Thank you so much for the positive feedback! It means so much! xo.

      Delete
  2. Ahh! The photos in this post are amazing! You were born to be a beauty blogger. :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I couldn't have done it without you my dear! Thank you so much my Blog Designing Superstar!

      Delete
  3. The lip products look very nice !
    Your blog is lovely !
    xManon

    Will you please check out my blog sometime ? Thank you !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I will check out your blog right now! xo.

      Delete
  4. Your blog is gorgeous. I've followed you on instagram for awhile so I knew I'd love your blog! You're awesome!

    xoxo
    Jessica
    beautiliciousjessica.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How cute is this phone cover!! Love it!! This Real Techniques Blush brush is my favourite as well :-)
    You have an amazing blog, I am really glad I found it. I your new follower hun :-) xo

    https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/7376027/think-pink-beautyfashion-lifestyle

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...