Monday, April 1, 2013

SPRING CHEEKS | MAC Blushes

Monday, April 1, 2013
Hello my gorgeous readers! This is going to be my very first blog post! I hope you all are as excited as I am! I don't know about you, but I had an amazing Easter Sunday with my boyfriend's family & friends'! It turned out to be such a beautiful day here in Connecticut! The sun was shining, and the temperature was something worth smiling about! Spring has officially arrived & I can't wait for all of the snow to melt! The weather needs to seriously take a turn for the better! Please mother nature, NO MORE SNOW! Anyways, I'm completely over the cold temperature's and I'm ready for Spring to ACTUALLY start! Each year about the time Easter rolls around, I always feel the need to pull out the pastels & pops of color! It's time my loves, no more dark and dreary!

With that being said, I thought I'd kick off what I like to call the "Season of Color," with a blog post on none other than my favorite MAC Blushes for Spring. I figured this decision was a rather wise one, considering the fact that these colors can truly suit any skin tone. You really can't go wrong with these sweet cheeks!

Fleur Power is described as a soft bright pinkish-coral powder blush on MAC's website. This blush is a Satin finish & by satin finish I mean, Matte & Frost got together and made a baby. So Frost is the X chromosome and Matte is the Y chromosome, Y is the more dominant of the two. I would say Satin finish happens to be one of my favorite blush finishes from MAC. The consistency of the satin finish blushes are like BUTTAH! They blend beautifully and it is almost as if they melt into your skin, in a good way! This color is an absolutely beautiful shade that is flattering on a variety of skin tones! To me it is a Spring must-have! $21.00 USD

Melba is described as a soft coral-peach powder blush on MAC's website. This blush is a Matte finish & by matte finish I mean, no shine what so ever! I personally like this on a scorching HOTT spring afternoon, when you produce enough of your own shine and you don't need anymore "glow" to your skin. Those are the days you already look like you are "Lit from within," or maybe just sweating bullets! Hah! The color gives a perfect natural peach flush to the skin, but I love that it can give light to medium skin tones a "touched by the sun" look without overdoing it. $21.00 USD

Peaches is described as a pure peach powder blush on MAC's website. This blush is a Sheertone finish & by sheertone finish I mean, a very soft/sheer wash of color on the cheeks. Could you have guessed that on your own? Hah! Peaches is by far my favorite blush of all time. I don't know why I could literally wear this blush every single day and be satisfied. I am quite the blush-aholic so I doubt that could really ever happen; but I will say that I have purchased this blush on more than one occasion. The color to me just looks very fresh and youthful on the skin without being too much. I personally love wearing pink/peach blushes all year round, but I pull them out most often during the spring & summer months. Peaches is one of those colors that has enough warmth to give you a sun-kissed look, but it is still fresh & bright enough to stand out! Peaches is a keeper for the cheeks, that is for sure! $21.00 USD

Here's swatches of these lovely shades as well! xo. You can see by the picture that these blushes are highly pigmented & just after one swipe with a finger, the color pay off is fabulous!







Now lets move on to the Pops of Pink!




Pinch O' Peach is described as a warm peach powder blush on MAC's website. This blush, like Peaches is a Sheertone finish. Honestly, I have no idea why in the world they decided to name this blush Pinch O' Peach. To me it does not look peachie in the slightest bit. Maybe there is just a "Pinch" of peach in there, (See what I did there?) but not enough to make the name worth while! Hah! To me this color reminds me of DollyMix but without the shimmer. It applies a little bit lighter as well. This color is gorgeous and the color payoff is just enough and obviously perfect for Spring! $21.00 USD

DollyMix is described as a pure candy pink powder blush on MAC's website. This blush is a Sheertone Shimmer finish & by sheertone shimmer finish I mean, a light wash of color on the cheeks with a glowing sheen. This color is the epitome of Spring! It's truly the color of watermelon, it's almost mouthwatering when you see it! It looks beautiful on everybody because it applies sheer enough to be wearable but shows up enough to notice the youthful glow it gives to your skin. $21.00 USD

Here's swatches of these lovely shades as well! xo. Aren't they beautiful!?xo.


So that about wraps up my very first blog post! I hope you all enjoyed & are ready to go get your spring cheeks on! Muah! xo.
Where to purchase these products: MAC Cosmetics

10 comments:

  1. those look so pretty :D I want them all :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I know right! I love these blushes! xo.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful blog and the colors used bring a smile to my face :) LOVE pastel colors!

    As for the blushes, I own Pinch 'O Peach and mine definitely has more peach than pink in it. Weird... Almost looks like a lighter Fleur Power if that makes sense...

    I don't own Dollymix but by looking at the swatch I definitely need it in my life - thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so weird! Maybe I got a "bad blush" hmm, mine is seriously insanely pink and there's really hardly and peach to it! I can't complain, I love the color regardless! xo!

      Delete
  3. Lovely post and blog! My favorite MAC blush for spring is Pink Swoon. Looking forward to seeing your posts i the future!

    xx, beautytalkbys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Pink Swoon! Great color! xo. Thank you so much for the support & feedback!

      Delete
  4. These are all really gorgeous. Lovely blog, doll. Following! :) XO

    Honey
    www.imhoneyy.blogspot.co.uk

    Enter my giveaway here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the feedback & support! xo.

      Delete
  5. such pretty colours :) I think i need to up my game on Mac Blush's,
    love your blog new follower :D

    http://gemmaroberts.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlie! xo! Means a lot! I'm going to check out your blog right now!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...